17 Dec We are hiring – Development Chemist
Group55 is a busy place to be. Since moving to our state-of-the-art facilities in 2017 business has blossomed and we are delighted to start our search for an additional development chemist to work in our development and testing laboratories. We are a multi award winning company doing ‘things’ the right way – come and join us!
As a leading private-label manufacturer of pet and personal care products we deliver outstanding levels of competency and service. Established in 1999, millions of Group55 products have been sold to customers in over 50 countries worldwide and for almost 20 years we have been developing our own successful, award-winning, brands that have been supplied to all retail channels. It is our complete understanding of the process needed to take an idea to finished product that enables us to work collaboratively with brand owners and retailers to provide multi-disciplinary, full turnkey private label solutions.
With a state-of-the-art development laboratory and a testing laboratory with ten climate chambers for comprehensive onsite stability and compatibility testing our facilities provide a fantastic environment in which to work and be creative.
Development chemists are not background team members at Group55. Our chemists are customer focused, working closely with the commercial team, meeting with customers to fully understand their requirements, advise and then develop according to agreed briefs.
Reporting to the Technical Manager your roles will include, but will not be limited to:
- Develop formulations in accordance with pre-determined, detailed briefs.
- Manage all assigned projects in accordance with brief requirements and timescales.
- Develop NPD products for our in-house creativity library – this is your opportunity to develop truly exciting concepts that our customers don’t even know they want, yet!
- Meet regularly with raw material suppliers to keep up to date on all new developments and market trends.
- Provide technical assistance and support in other areas of the chemistry department and the commercial team.
- Manage the day to day operations of the testing laboratory ensuring the stability and compatibility tests are conducted in accordance with our protocols and procedures.
- Manage external (micro) product testing as part of both the NPD and day-to-day manufacturing operations.
- Work strategically with Project Managers to deliver work in line with project management timelines.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of Product Information Files (PIFs) and safety assessments.
- Travel internationally to visit customers and attend trade shows.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree qualified, or equivalent, in a science, preferably Cosmetic Science. However, SCS diploma will be considered, with experience of working in a similar role.
Will be a motivated chemist looking to take a step up in their career or will already be in a similar role. Experience in the following will be most preferable:
- The development of new formulations for personal care, skin care and hair care products. Experience in the development of pet care products would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Developing new products to a specific brief.
- Managing every stage of the NPD process from brief stage to manufacture.
- Preparing and managing effective scale up processes from lab batch to bulk manufacture.
- Working effectively as part of a commercial team or at least have the interpersonal skills and confidence to step out of the lab and work in a broader commercial team.
- Microsoft Office and formulation software. Experience of the Cosmetic Portal would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, organisational and time management skills and will be able to demonstrate self-motivation and a passion for development chemistry.
Salary will depend on experience.
All enquiries should be made directly to our managing director, Stephen Turner, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are not inviting submissions by recruitment consultants at this time and any such approach will be looked upon unfavourably.